Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Read and Vote and Affect the course of History

OK, so not really change the course of history. My history, maybe.

The Jane Austen Made Me Do It Short Story Contest is now open for voting. There are 87 entries for you to read through and select your three favorites. And if one of your favorites happens to be my short story "Intent and Intensity" (#74), all the better! (And I can use all the help I can get...I didn't want to canvas but when one story garnered 55 votes overnight, it became clear I needed to start campaigning too).

Ten finalists will be chosen by popular vote and then the editors will select one story to include in the anthology published by Random House in October. More info on it here.

I've been reading the entries and there is some amazing writing out there. And don't worry, if you aren't into the Jane Austen style, there are plenty of modern approaches (including mine) to Jane-era subjects.

Happy Reading (and voting) (for #74) (mine) (go on and vote... now)!

2 comments:

  1. On my way ...

    And don't feel bad about campaigning. Everyone else is going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. Will check the other entries. Good luck!

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete