So to turn the beat around, I'm going to thank Laurel of Laurel's Leaves for giving me the "Creative Writer" award, which celebrates our ability to pass off the made-up as reality.
The requirement of the award is that I tell five lies and one truth. So here goes:
- When I was in college, one of my good friends was a vampire.
- When I lived in Toronto, I decided to get a tattoo. As I was sitting in the tattoo parlor leafing through the book of options, the Chinese restaurant next door caught fire and we had to evacuate. I took it as a sign from the universe that I shouldn’t get inked. I still don’t have a tattoo.
- When we got married, my husband and I both wore dresses.
- My favorite thing to do is go camping. I love hiking to a place where no one has been and just chilling out by the campfire.
- Shortly after I graduated, I was approached by a recruiter from the Department of Defense to work for them on an artificial intelligence computer project I started while in college.
- I don’t believe in love at first sight.
Please leave your pick in the comments section. I'll post the answers in a day or so.