What were you doing five years ago?
- Settling into our new house in Leeds, England
- Watching both my stepmother and my mother-in-law battle breast cancer (and win)
- Trying to convince the paediatrician that my son’s food aversions were not ‘just a phase’
- Writing The Shadow Scribe with some purpose for the first time
- Setting up a music program at a Mommy and Me-type group
Where would you like to be five years from now?
- Writing for a living, whether as a published author or a freelancer, so that I can be there for my children when needed and still contribute financially to my family’s future. And of course, do what I love.
- Taking a family trip of a lifetime to Africa
- Supporting my children as they move into middle school and high school
- Traveling to Japan for several weeks on my own
- Getting a higher writing degree (MFA, MA, PhD?) so I can teach writing
What's on your To-Do list today?
- Work on part two of my serial
- Make an appointment at the spa to finally use my gift certificates from November
- Take my daughter for testing to see if she skips kindergarten
- Water the flower beds
What snacks do you enjoy?
- Guacamole and chips
- Nutty chewy granola bars
- Life cereal
- Frozen raw cookie dough chunks
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire? (I'd actually do these if I were a millionaire)
- Fly first class. I’ve had enough of international flights in coach with two kids.
- Buy up land in cities and suburbs and put it in trust so we have green spaces, not half-empty strip malls.
- Have homes near all of family members (UK and US) so that visiting becomes easier
- Give vast amounts of money to research into Autism, mesothelioma, and breast cancer
- Set up/donate to existing foundations for bringing the arts (music, art, theatre, and of course, writing) back into schools.
I suppose I should tag others now. I personally like tags and awards, but worry that if I tag or award others, they'll be all like "I don't have time for this stuff!" So let me know in the comments -- how do you feel about tags and awards? Do they make blogging fun or is it just one more thing you don't have time for?