Thursday, May 13, 2010

Five Questions, Five answers

Laurel at Laurel's Leaves tagged me to give Five Answers to Five Questions. I've seen this meme around a lot recently and I'm glad Laurel tagged me because I'd already been thinking how I would answer. The 'five years from now' question really has me wondering because I never end up where I thinking I'm going to.

What were you doing five years ago?

  • Settling into our new house in Leeds, England
  • Watching both my stepmother and my mother-in-law battle breast cancer (and win)
  • Trying to convince the paediatrician that my son’s food aversions were not ‘just a phase’
  • Writing The Shadow Scribe with some purpose for the first time
  • Setting up a music program at a Mommy and Me-type group

 Where would you like to be five years from now?
  • Writing for a living, whether as a published author or a freelancer, so that I can be there for my children when needed and still contribute financially to my family’s future. And of course, do what I love.
  • Taking a family trip of a lifetime to Africa
  • Supporting my children as they move into middle school and high school
  • Traveling to Japan for several weeks on my own
  • Getting a higher writing degree (MFA, MA, PhD?) so I can teach writing

 What's on your To-Do list today?
  • Pilates
  • Work on part two of my serial
  • Make an appointment at the spa to finally use my gift certificates from November
  • Take my daughter for testing to see if she skips kindergarten
  • Water the flower beds

 What snacks do you enjoy?
  • Guacamole and chips
  • Nutty chewy granola bars
  • Life cereal
  • Popcorn
  • Frozen raw cookie dough chunks

 What five things would you do if you were a billionaire? (I'd actually do these if I were a millionaire)
  • Fly first class. I’ve had enough of international flights in coach with two kids.
  • Buy up land in cities and suburbs and put it in trust so we have green spaces, not half-empty strip malls.
  • Have homes near all of family members (UK and US) so that visiting becomes easier
  • Give vast amounts of money to research into Autism, mesothelioma, and breast cancer
  • Set up/donate to existing foundations for bringing the arts (music, art, theatre, and of course, writing) back into schools.

I suppose I should tag others now. I personally like tags and awards, but worry that if I tag or award others, they'll be all like "I don't have time for this stuff!" So let me know in the comments -- how do you feel about tags and awards? Do they make blogging fun or is it just one more thing you don't have time for?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, the spa! I hope you have a great time. I so need to get a facial one of these days.

    As for tagging, I think a lot of people like it. I'm honored, but I don't really do them because I blog about other things... Does that make me a bad person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elana, you are a rock star! I'm amazed you have time to visit, what with your scads of followers. So thanks for coming by. And no, not tagging doesn't make you a bad person at all. I love your posts just they way they are.

    ReplyDelete