Monday, November 1, 2010

Unh.

I had grand plans for November. I was going to start writing WIP2 (the month is a coincidence; I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo), finish another serial for the magazine, do a whole bunch of freelance work, start exercising, drink less, and eat better.

Um...fail fail fail fail fail fail.

First problem? TOO. MUCH. CANDY.

My son has a nut allergy, so we buy a mixed pack of candy that's safe for him and when he comes back from trick-or-treating ("guising" in British parlance, a term that I just love), we swap the off-limits stuff for the safe stuff. Which means we now have a big bowl of Butterfingers, Reese's, Snickers... all my favorites. I had two for breakfast. Plus one more with my third cup of tea. And a few afer lunch.

And speaking of lunch, that brings us to the second problem. I went to my husband's work place to get my flu shot and we decided to go to lunch after we got our jabs. We ended up at Babe's Old Fashioned Burgers. Big, drippy, loaded burger with a side of real onion rings and a large unsweet tea. Yummm... But now, unh.

I'll write tomorrow. And exercise. And eat better. But for now, I need a nap. Afer just one more Twix.

8 comments:

  1. Oh the way life interferes with our lofty plans!!!

    Here's to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life really does get in the way sometimes, but you can always begin in earnest tomorrow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum, and yummier! Mmmm, with food like that, how on earth could you resist?! Thanks for the comment about my pitch at Operation Awesome. You added some sunshine to my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You should never make New Year's resolutions, Jenna!

    And hey, as my NaBalWriMo buddy, I think periodic junk food indulgences are good. MODERATION in everything. After all, those candy bars are tiny. Go have a glass of milk and repeat after me:
    "I will be nice to myself this month." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound so much like me. Did I write this post? LOL Don't know what to tell you. Just eat the crap and get it over with! Then go on a nice long marathon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all so right. The quickest way to change things is to make a plan.

    Laurel - actually, I just had another one with a small glass of wine. See? Moderation.

    Melissa - Yay! Kindred spirit. I always said I could be a vegetarian as long as I was still allowed to have seafood and beef. I don't eat meat often but sometimes I just need a big steak or juicy burger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. rofl - those dang candies that call you by name! So hard to resist...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomorrow is another day :) Sounds like you have quite a journey ahead of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete